Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Katheryn Leopoldseder


Sterling Silver Leaf Print pendant on cable. retail value $210
Artist Statement:
Even though the materials, forms and techniques that I use vary enormously, there are a few themes that carry throughout my work. An inescapable compulsion to use techniques and processes that are repetitive and physically demanding is intensified by the desire to make something beautiful from raw unglamorous materials. I am consistently drawn to exploring aspects of my life and memory through my jewellery. Attempting to create something that breathes restoration, beauty and resurrection into those moments otherwise suppressed in history and in the heart.
I achieved Honors in Gold and Silversmithing at RMIT in 2004 and currently work full-time as a gold and silversmith from my studio in the beautiful Abbotsford Convent in Melbourne. I have exhibited extensively throughout Australia.

No comments: